Plan 9 QUESTIONNAIRE
- How did you get started in Burlesque and Plan 9?
I auditioned for a GTB show on a whim and became the Yellow Ranger for the Power Rangers Burlesque show. There I got to work with some of the founding members of Plan 9. I had talked forever about wanting to do a Tank Girl number and one night after a Plan 9 show I was offered a guest spot to put up or shut up. I chugged a beer onstage and they decided to keep me.
- Is there a story behind your burlesque name?
My name was originally Vicki Van Go-Go but I found that to be too cute for some of the numbers I was doing. I decided to go with something neutral, classic, and just a little nerdy. Billie came about because Billie Holiday will forever be one of my favorite singers. I got Fontaine from the game BioShock.
- What is your favorite number?
My favorite number would have to be Rocket Raccoon. This number was the first time I made all of the costume pieces and choreographed it myself. It also has a song that gets the audience cheering the moment it starts.
- If you could be any fictional character who would you be and why?
Haruko from FLCL. Who wouldn’t want to be an alien with a flying vespa?
- What’s one thing people may be surprised to learn about you?
I’m actually terrified of zombies despite my affinity for them.
- Where else can people find your work?
Cafe Mustache and various other guest spots around Chicago.
- Star Trek vs Star Wars
Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back)
- DC vs Marvel
- Harry Potter vs Twilight
Harry Potter (Goblet of Fire)
- Doctor Who vs James Bond
Doctor Who (Matt Smith)
- What is your dream nerdlesque number?